Generousway.com –Semur Jengkol is a food that is really popular in the Jakarta area so that it has spread to the territory of Indonesia. In the process of making jengkol stew, the thing that needs to be considered is the accuracy of the spices to produce the right taste of jengkol stew and blends with the seasoning ingredients.
Semur Jengkol recipe can be an option for those of you who like unique dishes. Jengkol has a distinctive aroma and soft meat. For some people this menu is not liked. But for some people, jengkol stew is a delicious side dish. There are many delicious jengkol stew recipes that you can make at home. Want to know the complete recipe and how to make a semur jengkol?
Also Read: Recipe How to Make A Baked Sponge Cake
Semur Jengkol Recipe
- 300 grams old jengkol
- 6 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, comb
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 candlenuts
- 10 curly red chilies
- 5 cayenne pepper (skip if you don’t like spicy)
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1/4 nutmeg
- Pinch of cumin
How to Make
- Wash the jengkol, split it and then boil it with rice water until it is soft (the goal is to get rid of the pungent smell of jengkol).
- After jengkol tender lift, rinse with clean water if necessary, drain and then bruise.
- Saute the sliced shallots until browned, add the ground spices, tomatoes and bay leaf, stir well until the spices are cooked, add the jengkol, pour the water, let it boil then add the salt, brown sugar and sweet soy sauce, cook until the spices are absorbed, taste correction , when it’s fitting turn off the fire, serve.